Thursday, April 26, 2012

April Obsessions

There are three things that I can't seem to get enough of this April.

I stole this image from this website: here
1. LEMONS -

When I'm not nagging my husband to get me a lemon tree...I am slicing up a load of lemons.

What do I do with these lemons? I freeze them!
Yup. I freeze them in slices.

Then when I'm toting around my glass of water or water boter, I just drop that bad boy in there. Its an... Lemice cube ;)






2. LETTUCE WRAPS -

Back when I ate meat, I LOVED PF Changes lettuce wraps. I realize they have a vegetarian one, and it is delicious. However, the lettuce wrap concept is where its at! It's versatile and delicious!

I've made black bean tacos, with a lettuce cup as my tortilla And, I've made soy-burger sandwiches with lettuce wraps. You could probably do a salad inside a lettuce wrap?

On this lettuce wrap, I have black beans, fresh green peppers and tomatoes, shredded cheddar, salsa and some blue corn tortilla chips crushed on top. If you wanted to get crazy, you could throw some ranch dressing in there. I've made plenty of salads like that. Don't forget the hot sauce!

3 - INDIAN FOOD

I love indian food. Especially since real indian food is vegetarian. :)
I've been playing around in the kitchen and I haven't quite mastered a "Recipe" worthy meal. However, I did find a great recipe on pinterest.

I made this recipe at home the other night with the hubs (except, my dish didn't have shrimp.) http://www.wishfulchef.com/2012/03/coconut-shrimp-curry/



No comments:

Post a Comment